What we cover
- We briefly cover the philosophy of the blockchain and Ethereum.
- Then we will explain how blockchains work, what is Decentralized App and how smart contract communicates with DApp
- We setup the easy development environment, including tools that can be used with minimum steps
- And the biggest part of the course is dedicated to guiding you through a simple Decentralized App
Some of the keyword definition:
Blockchain is a growing list of digital pieces of information which are linked using cryptography. It is an open, distributed ledger that can record transactions between two parties efficiently and also in a verifiable and permanent way.
Decentralized applications (dApps) are applications that run on blockchain rather than a database.
Smart contract is defined as pieces of computer code that self-execute when predetermined conditions are fulfilled. The results of the transaction will be written onto a distributed ledger or blockchain.
We covered the following concept:
- Smart Contract
- Decentralized App
- Ropsten Testnet
What tools and libraries are used?
- The Metamask Chrome extension
- The Solidity smart contract language (0.5.0)
- The Web3.js(Web3 1.0.0)
- The Ganache Ethereum node emulator
- Visual Studio Code (text editor)
- The Ropsten test network
All our codes are stored in Github and the solidity code will be stored as .sol file.
- Lesson 2 unit 1: @hashcademy-> choose certificate_dapp -> choose branch master
- Lesson 2 unit 3: @hashcademy-> choose certificate_dapp -> choose branch 3
- Lesson 2 unit 4: @hashcademy-> choose certificate_dapp -> choose branch 4
- Lesson 2 unit 5: @hashcademy-> choose certificate_dapp -> choose branch 5