What you’ll learn
- Start developing a full-fledged C program for his or her specific needs within a matter of a day or two, as the course is kept short yet practical, on the lines of a corporate training program.
- Feel confident about programming in C and become capable of understanding advanced concepts in C and programming in general.
- Familiarity with some programming language is preferable, but not mandatory
- A copy of the book “The C Programming Language”, Second Edition, by Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie is mandatory
- A spirit of adventure is absolutely necessary.
This is a course that respects the smartness in you. If you don’t like the course, there is always the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Noteworthy comments by learners:
I really liked the fact that this course is not as slow as most programming courses which get boring after a little while…All in all it was a fun and awesome course, I will for sure be following other courses from the same teacher –Alessandro Bassi
A good Place to learn C basics…course gives huge opportunity to know ones weakness in C programming. A consecutive lecture and quiz series gives one consolidated approach — Akash Saxena
This course introduces several components of basic C programming that you will apply in your real-world projects. It focuses purely on traditional C language without any OS specific dependencies. So, this course can be followed by any Windows, Mac OS, or Linux user.
This course is designed to teach C programming through small classroom projects, in an informal way. Both the basic and advanced topics including the difficult ones like string handling, files, structures, pointers, linked lists, and command-line arguments are covered. There are also over a 100 questions grouped into 37 quizzes to reinforce the concepts.
- Focus towards the way a C program is written in a real-world project.
- Slightly fast paced and rigorous, yet easily doable.
- Cover as many concepts as possible in a single yet simple program.
- Almost each lecture is clubbed with questions to reinforce basic concepts.
- Constant additions and updates to content
- Make the student capable of writing a new C program from scratch on his own.
- Make the student comfortable in dealing with difficult concepts like pointers and linked lists.
- Familiarize the student with as many basic features of C as possible.
- Make the student get comfortable referring to the C Programming Language book by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie. The book is popularly known as the Bible of C.
- Make the student feel happy, self-confident, and accomplished.
This is an evolving course. Future additions to the course could be based on the what the students want to learn next, apart from more additions to the fundamental concepts.
Learning C is a life-changing experience. After you learn C thoroughly, you can never ever become a bad or mediocre programmer in your career.
Who this course is for:
- Anybody who is interested in programming should take this course.
- If you already know C language, this is a great refresher course that you’ll thoroughly enjoy
- Any fresher who is aspiring to attend a job interview for a job involving programming in C
- This course could also be used as part of corporate training program. The course in its current form would span just a day or two for a dedicated student to pick up the fundamentals of C.
- This course could also be used as a starting point for those aspiring to become device driver writters, embedded systems programmers, Arduino enthusiasts, coders on linux, Objective-C starters, and the like, which are highly C intensive.